At Sunborn Stables
- Your horse is fed a select diet of concentrate which includes all the vitamins and minerals needed and is extremely low in starch. Horses have access to full time hay and/or grass. Our diet reflects the most current research on equine digestion and provides plenty of roughage, fiber and oils.
- Your horse will enjoy a large pasture or paddock, most often shared with 3 to 6 others of the same gender.
- You will appreciate the watchful eyes of the barn’s owners who check on the horses at each feeding and have extensive experience.
- Intestinal worms and pesky flies are kept at a minimum with an effective pasture rotation system that also preserves the high quality of the grass.
- The indoor arena has a comfortable, heated area to tack up and a heated lounge with observation window.
- The footing is maintained carefully!
- There are trails around the perimeter of the 26 acres and lanes through it. We also can use the 90 acres across the street.
- There is a round corral for training, lunging, and ground driving.
- The fencing is board and white Safe-ty-fence electric tape.
- We can accommodate stallions and your horse breeding program.
- Our in-house trainer can help you solve many of your training issues.
- Trailering is available to parks, shows, and other events.
Julie Penshorn and Ray Nelson are on site full time to ensure
that your horse is well cared for and well fed at all times.
A wet spring photo at Sunborn Stables. The field in front usually has a tiny pond in it! In this photo the cross country jumps in the field are under water. Also, the water jump complex was not built yet. You can’t see the pastures that the geldings use that are to the left of the photographed area.
Please contact us today for more information or a private tour! (651) 257-9825
Sunborn Stables serves a wide geographic area, as people from as far away as St. Paul, Minneapolis, Eagan, Cambridge and Hudson value the education and facilities enough to do the drive. We primarily serve the cities of Chisago City, Lindstrom, Blaine, Lino Lakes, Hugo, North Branch, Wyoming, Shafer, Taylors Falls, St. Croix Falls, East Bethel, Osceola, Scandia, Center City and Stillwater.
You can always contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org